Friday, April 20, 2012

Food for Thought Friday

Well tonight I am making a favorite and its a fav because it is so yummy and healthy too - which means I don't have to worry about having to work it off later!

So tonight I am making... baked salmon (msc certified for those that care), with green beans and applesauce on the side and of course I need more water (I'm a milk drinker) - so water to drink and I am even splurging for some No Pudge! Fudge Brownies. Let me break it down for you...

Wild Salmon 4 oz. = 100 Calories
Citrus Grill Seasoning = 5 Calories
Lemon Juice (from fresh squeezed lemons) = 13 Calories

Green Beans 1 cup (no salt added) = 40 Calories

Applesauce 1/2 cup (no sugar added) = 50 Calories

Water = 0 Calories

Total Meal Before Dessert = 208 Calories

With 1 Serving of No Pudge! Fudge Brownies (120 Calories) = 328 Calories


My salmon is super basic... I rinse the salmon, cut and squeeze lemon juice into the baking pan, sprinkle half the seasoning on the lemon juice in the pan and lay the salmon fillets in the pan, squeeze lemon juice on top of the fillets, sprinkle the remaining seasoning on top and bake. It recommends baking the salmon for 8-12 minutes, but I do mine closer to 20 minutes, BUT nothing is worse than dry or rubbery fish, so make sure it is plenty moist if you plan on cooking it longer.

Well its not super fancy, but 328 calories for a full meal including dessert isn't too shabby and you'll be surprised how delicious the salmon is especially considering you used two ingredients to get that flavor! Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment