Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I'm baaaaaack.

It's funny to look back on the timeline of this blog because I went M.I.A. after I got pregnant with our second child and now he is almost 4 months old and I am ready to get back in shape and get my body fabulously fit. 

Originally I told my husband I wanted to do P90X first and then do Insanity. However, I was flipping through the channels and saw the Insanity infomercial going (when isn't it going?) and I was like, I need insane results and therefore I am willing to put in insane effort. I am currently on day 3 and I just have to share my journey, because I know it is going to yield amazing results. 

I am a little nervous to share my weight and stats with you so candidly, but only because I am a little embarrassed that I let myself get so out of shape. But, I am not looking back, I am looking forward. Old numbers don't matter, all that matters is the future and the effort I am willing to put in now, so I can be happy to share my numbers in the future. 

So, with that being said. I am starting at 167.8 pounds. I know it's not about the number necessarily, it's about how I feel and it's about being healthy, not skinny. BUT, the fact is, that number is not healthy for my size (I am 5 feet 4 inches tall), and I do not feel good about myself. So, that number is significant to me because it symbolizes where I never want to be again. 

In the Insanity workout program you do a fit test every 15 days. So day 1, day 15, day 30, day 45 and day 60 (it is a 60 day program). I will share my results of each fit test as well as my weight at each checkpoint.

Day 1 

Fit Test Results

Switch Kicks = 36

Power Jacks = 40

Power Knees = 71

Power Jumps = 12

Globe Jumps = 25

Suicide Jumps = 10

Pushup Jacks = 16

Low Plank Obliques = 29

Insanity is a crazy hard workout, but it is not impossible. After only 3 days, I find that it is already getting easier to keep up with the workouts. Can I do all the exercises perfectly without stopping? No. But, I do them as full out and for as long as I can and I modify slightly if I need to in order to keep going and moving. It's working. I can feel it. Trust me, I can feel it in just about every muscle in my body! I am totally sore, but that lets me know that I am making progress. 

So, cheers (I am raising my water bottle) to 57 more days to a start of a very long, healthy life! 



Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment